Permanent full-time position
Join the dynamic team at North West Renal Satellite Unit as a clinical expert supporting Renal Home Therapies.
Living here you will have the best of everything – career opportunities, an active and healthy Tasmanian way of life, space and a connected community.
Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle in one of the world’s most beautiful natural environments. It is the smallest Australian state, with all the services and facilities of a big city in a relaxed and safe community setting. Short commutes to restaurants, beaches, and iconic at-home getaways within close proximity make for the perfect work life balance.
Live and work in the best place on earth, click here to here to discover more about Burnie and North West Tasmania.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist – Renal Home Therapies, as a clinical expert in the area of practice:
• Utilises specialist nursing knowledge, skills and experience to assess, coordinate and review patients eligible for home-based renal replacement therapies (Home Haemodialysis and/or Peritoneal Dialysis).
• Provides discipline specific expertise and effective nursing care, in partnership with patients, their families, and other health professionals, for patients undertaking renal replacement home therapies.
• Functions effectively as a senior member of the renal multidisciplinary team and contributes to workplace activities, working collaboratively to assist and support the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) in achieving the goals of the service.
Note: – Please refer to the Function Statement and Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The North West Satellite Renal Unit is located in Burnie on the North West coast of Tasmania. The unit is a satellite service of the Launceston General Hospital Tasmanian Health Service – North. Our service is operational 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday) and provides:
• Haemodialysis therapy for chronic medically stable patients with end stage renal failure
• Training, monitoring, follow-up, and home visits for peritoneal dialysis and home haemodialysis
• Chronic kidney disease management
• Renal supportive care
• Transplant work up pre and post
• Outpatient clinics
• Nurse led Outpatient Clinical Environment
• Great work life balance: Monday to Friday 0800 to 1630hrs with rostered on call
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, day work (not working weekends but working public holidays, position working 48 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
$96,967 to $102,473 pro rata per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packagingSalary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Enquiries: Jennifer Reynolds, Nurse Unit Manager, (03) 6477 7746, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11 April 2023
To apply: Please click here to apply