STUDENT SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
Student membership is free for all medical radiation science students!
Being a member of ASMIRT can be of great advantage to medical radiation science students.
We can help you with:
- Career progression
- Networking opportunities
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Postgraduate and specialist training
- Joining a committee and expanding your skills
- Travel and research scholarships
Watch the video and learn more about your peak body for medical radiation sciences in Australia. Hear all the great benefits membership of the Society brings, and how you can get involved in your profession.
Receive ASMIRT member benefits
Being a member means you can contact ASMIRT and the State Branches for career advice, we also offer these great benefits:
• Access to publications Journal of Medical Radiation Sciences (JMRS) and Spectrum magazine
• Professional networking opportunities to build your professional network and increase your career prospects
• Exclusive access to workshops, seminars, social activities and special events
• Fortnightly e-news highlighting industry trends, developments, employment opportunities and more
• Dedicated student conference and events
• Member registration discounts to events such as ASMIRT’s annual conference
• A range of grants and scholarships available
• Professional Indemnity Insurance coverage during university clinical placements and professional training and practice work outside placements
• Member Advantage – benefits from a wide-range of retailers and organisations providing movie tickets, entertainment, insurance and financial services, accommodation, shopping and dining.
ASMIRT’s Student Ambassadors are here to help support our student members; linking them to their professional body, helping them network with other students and professionals, keeping them engaged with great events and much more. Student members are encouraged to reach out to their state’s Ambassador if they have any questions about ASMIRT, scholarships, events, social media and getting involved in the Student Committee.
2023 Student Ambassador national call out
Become a volunteer ASMIRT Student representative! State Branches nationwide have Ambassador positions available for 2023, where you can assist your Student Committee by providing ASMIRT student members with representation, programs, events and support.
How to apply:
Download the Position Description to view the key responsibilities, then email your application form and updated CV to email@example.com.
Please submit any time but note, there are limited places available, and some state positions are waitlisted so be quick.
2022 Student Committee:
· SA/NT – Kevin Tang and Ella McLean firstname.lastname@example.org
· NSW/ACT – Peter Hanna and Georgie Patrikopoulos email@example.com
· VIC – Leanne Nguyen, Karlene Ta (Co-Chair until mid-2022 and Vicky Le (Co-Chair from mid-2022) firstname.lastname@example.org
· WA – Fraser Marshall email@example.com
· QLD – Lily Crick and Elizabeth Andersen firstname.lastname@example.org
ASMIRT JOB CONNECT 2023
We are thrilled to announce applications for ASMIRT Job Connect 2023 program are now open.
Job Connect will help connect student members who will be graduating in this calendar year, with employers nationally who are in the marketplace for base grade staff in 2023.
Members are encouraged to be flexible and consider all states and territories as potential workplace locations, and to understand that they consent to their personal email address being distributed to a number of employers who are interested in employing medical radiation science graduates in a particular State or Territory.
While ASMIRT’s Job Connect does not guarantee employment, it will certainly enhance graduate’s job-seeking tools and give them an opportunity to link with employers across the country.
ASMIRT offers great learning opportunities through our nationwide events, where you can earn CPD credits, be a presenter, network and more. Here are just some of the great events you can attend:
- ASMIRT Student Conference
- Specialist careers forums
- Student paper days
- Student quiz nights
- Social events
ASMIRT STUDENT CLINICAL PLACEMENT GUIDE – Document under revision
The new Student Clinical Placement Handbook is specially designed and collated by current Student Ambassadors of ASMIRT, aiming to guide you through your clinical placements by showing you how to prepare, and including tips and tricks to managing the journey that is clinical placement throughout your degree. This guide is just one source of information that students can rely on for their clinical placement, we recommend for specific questions, concerns or queries regarding clinical placements, you should always consult your university staff. We extend thanks to the Student Ambassadors for their hard work, and to the professionals who assisted them, in putting together this hugely valuable and practical handbook.
|All ASMIRT Student Members in their final year who continue on by taking out a full ASMIRT membership after graduating, receive their first six months at no cost! That means you can ease yourself into work and full membership will all the benefits. All recent graduates who are not yet members and wish to join ASMIRT will have their entrance fee waived – what a great offer, save $200 and join now!|
JOIN YOUR STATE BRANCH COMMITTEE
For student members who have graduated, why not engage with your local state branch committee? Join for
- Best networking and leadership opportunities
- Chance to become Involved in a range of state-lead events
Email your Student State Branch Chair to get involved – click here for their contact details.
Applying for a job
ASMIRT provides support to job seekers within the industry, for handy tips and ways to help you apply for job or internship, or needing further assistance in preparing for your interview, please contact us at email@example.com to be emailed the ASMIRT Career Resources sheets.
ASMIRT will announce any new job positions on our Jobs page and aims to help new radiography and radiation therapy graduates find supervised practice program (SPP) positions.
If you are an employer and wish to post your a job vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points to consider when applying for jobs:
- Writing a resume/curriculum vitae
- Writing an effective cover letter
- Preparing for your job interview
- Social media and work
- Working and living in Australia
Ahpra Graduation Documents
Student members, we urge you to ensure you fill out your Ahpra applications accurately, and that any documentation supplied to Ahpra with your application is certified according to the Ahpra requirements. Please down these documents to assist you:
2022 registration update
Watch the useful video on how to apply here
If you have any questions, please direct them to the PRG Secretariat in the first instance.
Keep up with everything ASMIRT, follow us on @ASMIRTorg