STUDENT SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
Student membership is free for all medical radiation science students!
From 1 January 2020 all students can join ASMIRT as a member at no cost. Receive great benefits and be part of your peak body for medical radiation sciences and join today!
Being a member of ASMIRT can be of great advantage to medical radiation science students. To click to
We can help you with:
- Career progression
- Networking opportunities
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Postgraduate and specialist training
- Joining a committee and expanding your skills
- Travel and research scholarships
Watch the video and learn more about your peak body for medical radiation sciences in Australia. Hear all the great benefits membership of the Society brings, and how you can get involved in your profession.
JOIN YOUR STATE BRANCH COMMITTEE
Fo student members who have graduated, why not engage with your local state branch committee? Join for
- Best networking and leadership opportunities
- Chance to become Involved in a range of state-lead events
Email your Student State Branch Chair to get involved – click here for their contact details.
ASMIRT STUDENT CLINICAL PLACEMENT GUIDE – Document under revision
The new Student Clinical Placement Handbook is specially designed and collated by current Student Ambassadors of ASMIRT, aiming to guide you through your clinical placements by showing you how to prepare, and including tips and tricks to managing the journey that is clinical placement throughout your degree. This guide is just one source of information that students can rely on for their clinical placement, we recommend for specific questions, concerns or queries regarding clinical placements, you should always consult your university staff. We extend thanks to the Student Ambassadors for their hard work, and to the professionals who assisted them, in putting together this hugely valuable and practical handbook.
ASMIRT LAUNCHES JOB CONNECT
So we are very pleased to announce the new ASMIRT Job Connect program is now available. Job Connect will help connect student members who will be graduating in this calendar year, with employers nationally who are in the marketplace for base grade staff in 2022.
Interested graduates can supply their details via our Application Form and ASMIRT will share this information with potential employers. Members are encouraged to be flexible and consider all states and territories as potential workplace locations, and to understand that they consent to their personal email address being distributed to a number of employers who are interested in employing medical radiation science graduates in a particular State or Territory.
While ASMIRT’s Job Connect does not guarantee employment, it will certainly enhance graduate’s job-seeking tools and give them an opportunity to link with employers across the country.
Learn more about the program on our website here.
The application process closed on 30 July 2021, 2022 applications will open in the new year.
What does ASMIRT Membership provide?
To learn more about becoming a member
|All ASMIRT Student Members in their final year who continue on by taking out a full ASMIRT membership after graduating, receive their first six months at no cost! That means you can ease yourself into work and full membership will all the benefits. All recent graduates who are not yet members and wish to join ASMIRT will have their entrance fee waived – what a great offer, save $200 and join now!|
ASMIRT’s Student Ambassadors are here to help support our student members; linking them to their professional body, helping them network with other students and professionals, keeping them engaged with great events and much more. Student members are encouraged to reach out to their state’s Ambassador if they have any questions about ASMIRT, scholarships, events, social media and getting involved in the Student Committee.
· Yolanda Gomes and William Ransome – SA/NT email@example.com
· Kate Dahlenburg – NSW firstname.lastname@example.org
· Wilson Pan – VIC email@example.com
· Fraser Marshall – WA firstname.lastname@example.org
· Lily Crick – Qld email@example.com
Attend an event
ASMIRT offers great learning opportunites through our nationwide events, where you can earn CPD credits, be a presenter, network and more. Here are just some of the great events you can attend:
- The annual ASMIRT Student Conference
- Specialist careers forums
- Student paper days
- Student quiz nights
- Social events
View all our events
Being a member means you can contact ASMIRT and the State Branches for career advice, we also offer these great benefits:
• Access to publications Journal of Medical Radiation Sciences (JMRS) and Spectrum magazine
• Professional networking opportunities to build your professional network and increase your career prospects
• Exclusive access to workshops, seminars, social activities and special events
• Fortnightly e-news highlighting industry trends, developments, employment opportunities and more
• Dedicated student conference and events
• Member registration discounts to events such as ASMIRT’s annual conference
• A range of grants and scholarships available
• Professional Indemnity Insurance coverage during university clinical placements and professional training and practice work outside placements
• Member Advantage – benefits from a wide-range of retailers and organisations providing movie tickets, entertainment, insurance and financial services, accommodation, shopping and dining.
Keep up with everything ASMIRT, follow us on @ASMIRTorg
Applying for a job
ASMIRT provides support to job seekers within the industry, for handy tips and ways to help you apply for job or internship, or needing further assistance in preparing for your interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be emailed the ASMIRT Career Resources sheets.
ASMIRT will announce any new job positions on our Jobs webpage and aims to help new radiography and radiation therapy graduates find supervised practice program (SPP) positions.
If you are an employer and wish to post your SPP position, please email email@example.com.
Points to consider when applying for job:
- Writing a resume/curriculum vitae
- Writing an effective cover letter
- Preparing for your job interview
- Social media and work
- Working and living in Australia
Ahpra Graduation Documents
Student members, we urge you to ensure you fill out your Ahpra applications accurately, and that any documentation supplied to Ahpra with your application is certified according to the Ahpra requirements. Please down these documents to assist you:
Ahpra Graduate-applications Quick-guide-to-registration
Ahpra Graduate-applications avoid-delays-flyer
Ahpra Graduate-applications criminal-history
Ahpra Information-Sheet Certifying-documents September-2019
2020 registration update
Watch the useful video on how to apply here
If you have any questions, please direct them to the PRG Secretariat in the first instance.