A-SMART way for graduates to find their initial work placement
About ASMIRT Job Connect
Applications now open until Friday 8 July 2022
First established in 2022, ASMIRT Job Connect has been designed to assist the graduating student membership with transitioning from university to the workplace. This then potentially allows them to find workplace employment in the following year.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 2023
The concept is to establish a connection with our student members who will be graduating in this calendar year and employers nationally who are in the marketplace for base grade staff.
All students are required to be a member of ASMIRT to apply, and ASMIRT student membership is free to join, click here.
How it works
ASMIRT would require those student members who are completing the fourth year of their under-graduate course to complete an application form (via an internal Survey Monkey format with drop down menus) asking for the following information.
- Email Address (Personal email address not a university email address)
- Radiation Discipline (Imaging / Therapy / Nuclear Medicine)
- Graduating University
- The state / territory in which you would primarily wish to be employed in.
- Another state / territory in which you would also consider to be employed in, as an alternative.
Once the application form has been completed, the data obtained would be placed into the various state / territory employment spreadsheets, under the three different medical radiation science disciplines for employers to gain access to.
ASMIRT stresses that by completing the application form the graduating student member is consenting to their personal email address being distributed to a number of potential employers and recruiters who are interested in employing medical radiation science graduates in a particular State or Territory.
Benefits to graduating student members who apply:
- The access to all potential employers in each state / territory who are seeking base grade staff.
- The opportunity to build a personalised state / territory wide contact database, which can be used as a starting point if the graduating student member decides to look for an employment opportunity in the future, even before those employers start to advertise.
Benefits to employers looking for base grade staff:
- Access to this targeted employee group. This eliminates applications from national and international non-medical radiation professionals which can occur when advertising on open ended employment portals.
- There is an opportunity to also build a personalised state-wide employee contact database, which can be used in subsequent years to advertise future employment opportunities.
For more information, queries or feedback about this program (either students or employers) contact: