· Natasha Ravlich and Kelly North – Deaf Awareness presentation from Expression Australia – Understand the challenges of healthcare for the deaf community including complexities around terminology.
· Pauline Trinh and Fiona Pinikahana – Hearing Impaired Radiographers in the Workforce. Pauline Trinh and Fiona Pinikahana are full time qualified radiographers who work in busy private hospitals in Melbourne. They both are profoundly deaf and will be sharing their experiences as radiographers with a hearing impairment…Hear from colleagues who have experienced their own communication challenges in their profession.
· Rachel Challen (St Vincent’s, Brisbane) – Communicating with patients with dementia…Develop skills to respond to the challenges of communicating with patients with dementia.
· Carlie Alicastro (Child Life Therapist, RCH) – Communicating with children…Develop skills to respond to the challenges of communicating with children.
· Greg Trypis (Tutor Radiographer – Sunshine Coast University Hospital) – Communicating with students…Improve an understanding of the challenges faced by students and learn how to effectively communicate with students whilst on clinical placement
This event is brought to you by the Victorian Continuing Education Committee (CEC).
PROMOTE THIS EVENT AT YOUR WORKPLACE
PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE
For information on registrations for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org