ARPANSA’s Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service (ACDS) is seeking a representative from ASMIRT to participate in the Clinical Advisory Group (CAG).
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of and influence the future of Australia’s Radiation Therapy profession.
They are seeking an experienced radiation therapist with an active interest in the development of existing and emerging technologies being implemented in Australian radiotherapy facilities.
If you would like to submit an Expression of Interest for this role, please send it through along with a current CV and letter of application to email@example.com by 30 November 2021.
The Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service is a dosimetry audit service offered by the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) to Australian and New Zealand radiotherapy centres.
The ACDS was launched in 2010 and delivers a world-class radiotherapy dosimetry audit program to private and public customers.
The Clinical Advisory Group serves as ACDS’ independent authority on clinical practice in radiation oncology and medical physics.
RANZCR, ASMIRT, NZIMRT, ACPSEM and TROG.
Click here to download the Clinical Advisory Group Terms of Reference for information about CAG membership, roles and governance.
Please also refer to the ACDS website, ACDS in Review January 2019 – June 2020 and ACDS Current Audit Program for more information about ACDS and the dosimetry audit program.
These documents highlight Audit Developments, Audit Outcome Criteria, Key Findings and Case Studies – all of which have benefitted from expert review by the CAG membership.
The current CAG membership consists of:
· Dr Allan Fowler, RANZCR (outgoing CAG Chair), Radiation Oncologist, Liverpool and Campbelltown Cancer Therapy Centres
· Dr Lucinda Morris, RANZCR (incoming CAG Chair), Radiation Oncologist, St George & The Sutherland Hospital, Genesis Care Hurstville
· Dr Tomas Kron, ARPANSA, Director of Physical Sciences, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne
· Dr Nick Hardcastle, TROG, Principal Research Medical Physicist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne
· Kate Francis, ASMIRT (outgoing), Chief Radiation Therapist, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre
· Dr Andrew Cousins, ACPSEM (NZ), Radiation Oncology Physics Team Leader, Christchurch Hospital
· Mr Adam Briggs, ACPSEM, Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist, Northern Sydney Cancer Centre.