Canberra Health Services
Classification: Medical Imaging Level 6
Salary Range: $162,862 (PN: 24123 – 022II)
Permanent full time
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Under current Public Health Emergency Directions all Canberra Health Services staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In order to be eligible for employment with Canberra Health Services you will be required to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 by way of a Vaccination Certificate or provision of an authorised exemption, for consideration. Please ensure you include this information with your application documentation.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au
The Medical Imaging department is a part of the Medical Services Group which is comprised of the Physician Training Office, Healthcare Technology Management, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit, Pathology, Pharmacy and Library Services.
Medical Imaging provides state of the art diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology and nuclear medicine services on a 24-hour, seven day a week basis for patients in Canberra and the surrounding NSW catchment area. The service is committed to providing patients with cost-effective easily accessible subspeciality expertise along with a strong commitment to research and training in advancing the use of imaging for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
The Director of Allied Health is a senior member of the Medical Imaging leadership team and is accountable to the Clinical Director of Medical Imaging. The position is responsible for the performance of all Medical Imaging Modalities. This position is supported by six direct reports encompassing Medical Imaging Level 5 and 4 managers and has additional indirect reports ranging from Medical Imaging Level 2 to 3 Professionals.
The Director of Allied Health also has a professional reporting line to the Director of Allied Health within CHS.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead, inspire motivate and develop people to achieve determined objectives
• Build and maintain key relationships and high-level effective communication skills
• A high level of personal drive to effect and influence the delivery of exceptional healthcare.
• Relevant Medical Radiation or Sonography tertiary qualifications and a minimum of five years’ experience working professionally in Medical Imaging is preferred.
• Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
• Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
• Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
• Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or Australasian Society for Ultrasound (ASUM).
• Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to – Working with vulnerable people (WWVP) registration (act.gov.au)
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Officer: Kate Wallwork – HardyGroup Intl on (02) 99649099 / 0410052125
Applications Closing Date: Friday 27 May 2022
For further information, visit the website